When do I get my bond back?
If you have posted a bond for an Adult Criminal, all bonds are refunded either on the first (1st) or the fifteenth (15th) of each month.
What if I posted bond for someone?
 If you posted bond for someone you must provide the Circuit Court Bookkeeper with a receipt with your name on it and a copy of your ID.  If the receipt is missing you must return to the location where you posted the original bond and request a receipt.  If the Bookkeeper has all your pertinent information  such as: the copy of your receipt and the copy of your ID, the bond will be mailed to you either on the 1st or 15th of the month.  If a ten percent cash bond was posted, a 10% administration fee will be deducted prior to refunding.  Please confirm your current mailing address with the court.
What if I owe the court money?
If you posted a cash bond or ten percent cash bond for yourself and you have been sentenced by the Judge to pay court costs, the bond will be applied to your costs, after subtracting the 10 % deduction, with the remaining funds mailed to you at the address you provided to the court.
How much bond money will I get back?
The Ingham County Circuit Court General Trial Division is allowed to deduct 10% of all cash bonds posted, if convicted.  The 10% is an administrative fee which covers the cost of mailing notices for hearings, pre-trial conferences, preliminary hearings and all other administrative costs incurred by the Court.

 All bonds are mailed so please provide the court with a current address

Each case is individually based.  Any and all bond questions should be directed to:
Circuit Court General Trial Bookkeeper
(517) 483-6500  ext. 6809