FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES
Families can be disrupted by many outside factors, including a child's court involvement. At times, families realize that other disruptions have been affecting them even before the court became involved. Family Support Services offers the opportunity to look at your family as a whole and begin to restore the balance and commitment needed to function together effectively.
»To assist in preventing the placement of a child in out-of home care or to provide for an earlier return home of a child.
»To provide assistance to parents in need of additional support in parenting or stabilizing the home environment.
»To strengthen the skills of parents, while addressing barriers to providing effective parenting.
»Open Truancy or Delinquency case
»Parent needs additional support in parenting skills, stabilizing the home environment, and/or addressing personal issues (i.e. substance abuse, mental health, relationships, etc.).
»Preferred YLS Risk Assessment score in the moderate
»Judge/Referee OR Juvenile Court Officer
- Parent Support Groups (weekly)
- Teen Support Group or Rational Behavioral Therapy Group as needed
- Risk Assessment and goal settings
- Weekly meetings with FSS worker (bi-weekly in the home)
- Additional contact throughout week
- Assistance in obtaining services
- Support mastering new skills and meeting the challenges of parenting teens
Referrals to additional services as needed (such as individual counseling, substance use treatment, budgeting, etc.)
Back to the top